Blueberry Banana Pancakes
I love these pancakes, there light, fluffy and bursting with blueberries and has a slight banana taste! Perfect low calorie breakfast to start your day off right!
This recipe contains greek yogurt, bananas, egg whites, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek Yogurt, Plain
- 1/2 cup(s) Banana, Mashed, Divided
- 1/2 cup(s) Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup(s) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 ds. Salt
- 1 cup(s) Blueberries, Fresh Or Frozen, Divided
- 1. Mix greek yogurt, 1/4 cup banana, egg whites & vanilla extract into a small bowl
- 2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar, & salt
- 3. Combine and whisk till evenly mixed
- 4. Fold in 1/2 cup blueberries
- 5. Place 1/4-cup batter onto non-stick skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip. NOTE: Cook on medium heat and I flattened out my batter with the spatula to cook more evenly.
- 6. About 1-2 minutes on each side
- 7. For the blueberry sauce:
- 8. In a sauce pan, add remaining banana and blueberries and stir until thick, mashing blueberries, about 5-7 minutes.
- 9. Pour over top of pancakes.
- 10. Note: I used frozen blueberries for sauce and fresh for pancakes.
- 11. Makes – 8 pancakes total – serving size 2
- 12. Calorie per serving (4 pancakes total) – 231, Fat: .08, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 391, Potassium: 304, Carbs: 42, Fiber: 6.6, Sugar: 12, Protein: 14.3