Blueberry Banana Muffins
I’ve been taking advantage of my kids summertime sleep patterns this week. With no camps planned they have been late sleepers and we’ve been able to enjoy lazy days. I decided to do an early morning workout yesterday which had me sweaty, happy, and running on endorphins all by 7:30 AM! The house was quiet, 3 little ones sound asleep, and my own music playing. It was the perfect moment to seize in my kitchen. (And blueberries were on sale @ WF too!)
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), flour (whole wheat), sugar, baking powder, blueberries, bananas, butter (unsalted), milk, eggs
- 1 3/4 cup(s) white flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) blueberries
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and the blueberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, and eggs.
- 3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- 4. Add the bananas and combine well, but do not beat.
- 5. Fill muffin tins ¾ full and bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.
- 6. Here’s a tip: freeze half of the muffins for another morning.
- 7. They are really good warm from the microwave.
- 8. Place a few on a plate covered with a slightly damp paper towel and zap for 30 seconds.