Fresh blueberries or frozen and just a little time and this yummy dish can be yours.
This recipe contains , flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, milk, blueberries, , butter, sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon
- Buckle ingredients:
- * 2 cups and 1-2 Tbsp of sifted, all purpose flour separated
- * 2 teaspoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Earth Balance, softened
- * 3/4 cup sugar
- * 1 Energ-G egg replacement
- * 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- * 1 pint blueberries
- Topping ingredients:
- * 1/4 cup Earth Balance, softened
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 1/3 cup sifted all purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- 3. Set aside.
- 4. Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- 5. Set aside.
- 6. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 7. Beat in the egg.
- 8. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk.
- 9. Toss the beries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter).
- 10. Fold in to the batter.
- 11. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 12. Set aside.
- 13. Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture.
- 14. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- 15. Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork.
- 16. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- 17. When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out of the pan.