Blueberry Coconut Muffins [gluten-free]
This recipe for blueberry coconut muffins is gluten-free and makes a great, hearty breakfast option. It’s still easy to find fresh blueberries at my local Mariano’s, which has a great variety of berry harvests available right now in Chicago.One of the things I like about this recipe is the use of coconut flour, coconut oil and coconut milk to achieve a flavor-upon-flavor layering that is subtle enough to let the fresh blueberries be the star of the show. The coconut flour also has a mild sweetness that elevates and pairs well with the blueberries.
This recipe contains flour (coconut), baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt (kosher), coconut flakes, eggs, coconut oil, milk (coconut), vanilla extract, blueberries
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut oil
- 2 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) blueberries
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease a standard 12-muffin tin and set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and coconut.
- 3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan with each tin about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- 5. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.