Blueberry Crumble Tart with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
The dough for this tart does double-duty as both a cookie crust and crumb topping. Add a fresh blueberry filling and cream cheese whipped cream and you've got a perfect summer dessert.
This recipe contains , flour (whole wheat pastry), oats, sugar (brown), sugar, baking powder, salt, butter (unsalted), water, , blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, , cream cheese, sugar (powdered, confectioners), salt, vanilla extract, heavy cream
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- For the tart shell & topping:
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/3 cup(s) old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. water
- For the blueberry filling:
- 4 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- For the cream cheese whipped cream:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. Spray an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl combine, flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 c. granulated sugar, baking powder and 3/4 t. salt.
- 3. Add the butter pieces and using your fingertips rub the butter and the flour mixture together until the butter is broken down and incorporated into the flour mixture (it should look streusel-like).
- 4. Remove 1 1/2 c. and reserve.
- 5. To the remaining mixture add the 2 T. water and mix. The dough should be able to hold together at this point, similar to cookie dough.
- 6. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
- 7. Place the tart shell in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, the shell should looks set and just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove the tart shell from the oven.
- 8. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients and toss well to combine.
- 9. Add the filling to the par-baked tart shell, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- 10. Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the top of the filling.
- 11. Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees f. and bake until the juices are bubbling and the topping is browned, 45-55 minutes.
- 12. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- 13. To make the cream cheese whipped cream:
- 14. In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese, confectioners sugar and pinch of salt. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- 15. Add the vanilla extract, mix.
- 16. Slowly add in the heavy cream, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure that everything gets well incorporated.
- 17. Increase mixer speed and beat to soft peaks. Serve, spooned on top of the tart.