Blueberry Sauce for Pancakes and Waffles
Canned blueberry sauce to enjoy all year around over pancakes, waffles or even cake
This recipe contains blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemons
3 jars servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 kg/ 2.2 pounds blueberries
- 500 g/ 1.1 pounds sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 organic lemon, juice and zest
- 1. Mix the blueberries and the sugar in a large non-reactive bowl.
- 2. Mash the berries with a potato masher a little bit to help them release some juice and leave them stand over night.
- 3. Sterilize the jars.
- 4. Take some of the juice and place it in a small bowl. Add the corn starch and mix well until you have a paste.
- 5. Place the berries in a larger pan, add the lemon juice and zest and bring everything to a boil.
- 6. As soon as it starts to boil, add the corn starch paste and mix very well to avoid clumps.
- 7. Lower the heat and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- 8. Pour the sauce into the sterilized jars, leaving 1 cm/ 0.4 inches free.
- 9. Place the lids on the jars and leave to cool. Store in the cellar or dark, cool place.