Boneless Chicken with Leeks and Lemons
The relish that was created while cooking from the combination of the two was a great compliment to the chicken. Sweet and tangy.
While I had the oven on, I crushed a couple of garlic cloves, seasoned well the broccolis with olive oil, salt and pepper and place them in a cookie sheet. In the oven they went for 15 minutes while the chicken was finishing cooking.
I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as we did.
This recipe contains chicken (whole), leeks, lemons, garlic, white wine, salt, butter, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 whole boneless chicken, skin on
- 2 whole medium leeks, white part only thinly sliced
- 3 whole lemons: 2 sliced thinly and 1 juice squeezed
- 3 garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven at 375°.
- 2. Butter an ovenproof roasting pan. Cover the bottom of the roasting pan with the thinly sliced lemons and add the thinly sliced leeks over it.
- 3. Pat the chicken dry, salt and pepper all over, Place the chicken on top of the leeks.
- 4. Salt and pepper generously.
- 5. Add the garlic cloves, juice from 1 lemon and the white wine around the chicken.
- 6. Place in the warm oven and lower the heat to 350°.
- 7. Check while cooking to make sure that the lemons and leeks do not burn and baste the chicken with juices every 15-20 minutes. Add more wine if needed.
- 8. Once the chicken is nice and golden, 45 to 50 minutes and no more juices are running when pierced, remove from the oven and let sit covered for 5 minutes before serving.
- 9. Cut into 4 pieces and serve with the leeks and lemons relish.