Boom Boom Beef Enchiladas
Bored of the same ole’ Mexican food. Enter Boom Boom Beef Enchiladas to the rescue! Turn your next dinner party into a Fiesta!
This recipe contains , tomatillos, peppers (jalapeno), chiles (serrano), garlic, cilantro, chiles (green), onions (green/spring), limes, vegetable broth, cheese (american), salt, , beef (ground), onions, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, tortillas (corn), cheese (cheddar), black pepper
- Boom Boom Sauce
- 4 tomatillos, peeled, washed and quartered
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded if desired
- 2 Serrano peppers, halved and seeded if desired
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 can(s) oz. each) diced fire roasted green chiles
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 3/4 lb. yellow American cheese, (I had the deli cut it in thin slices)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- 1. Turn on the broiler, and place the tomatillos, jalapeno peppers and Serrano peppers on a baking sheet and broil for 3-4 minutes per side.
- 2. Please watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- 3. Place in a food processor or blender.
- 4. Add garlic, cilantro, canned green chiles, green onions and lime juice to the blender and blend until fully mixed together.
- 5. Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium heat.
- 6. Add in the vegetable broth and stir well.
- 7. Stir frequently until heated through.
- 8. Lower the heat to low and add in the American cheese slices and stir until it is completely melted in and mixed all together well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9. Stir occasionally while you cook the rest of the dish.
- 10. In a medium skillet, brown the hamburger with the onion and spices until fully cooked.
- 11. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 12. To assemble enchiladas, take the corn tortillas and place on a plate with wet paper towels covering them.
- 13. Microwave for 45 seconds (this will make the tortilla pliable so it doesn’t crack). In a baking pan, fill each of the 10 corn tortillas with equal portions (several tablespoons) of hamburger, and roll them up.
- 14. Top with shredded cheese. Heat in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 15. Top with the Boom Boom sauce and serve immediately.