Breaded Pork Chops with Salad
Our day started early this morning by having a coyote on our back yard. A beautiful animal that lingered around having fun. He finally left taking with him one of our dogs stuffed toy. Our small dogs did not know what to do, but knew to stay in the house and bark. We took a couple of pictures that we want to share them with all of you. This left us a bit shaken as we always leave our dogs free outside, but after all we live in the desert… Please check out www.giangikitchen.wordpress.com to view picture.With all that excitement comfort food was in order. Breaded pork chops and salad. Simple and easy and perfect ending to a long day.Tonight’s April 25, 2012 dinner:Breaded Pork ChopsGreen Salad
This recipe contains pork chops (bone in), all-purpose flour, eggs, bread crumbs, bread crumbs (panko), cheese (parmesan), unsalted butter, olive oil, salt, herbs, black pepper
- bone in pork chops
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup of Panko
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh or dried herbs (rosemary, marjoram, thyme)
- 1. Preheat the oven at 375 º.
- 2. On a shallow dish combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- 3. On a second dish, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
- 4. On a third dish, combine the bread crumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and herbs.
- 5. Coat the pork chops on both sides with the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumbs mixture.
- 6. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the chops on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the pork chops exterior is nicely browned.
- 7. Place in the hot oven and finish cooking them, 20 or so minutes.
- 8. Make sure that the chops do not burn or overcook.