Breaded veal with prosciutto and peppers
Succulent and mouth-watering meal for family or guests.
This recipe contains eggs, milk, bouillon (beef), bread crumbs, black pepper, parsley (fresh), veal cutlets, butter, olive oil, onions (yellow), garlic, bell peppers (green), mushrooms, salt, prosciutto, cheese (provolone), parsley, black pepper
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) meat broth from 1 cube
- 3/4 cup(s) home made bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 whole veal cutlets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 whole green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pn. salt
- 4 slice(s) slices of prosciutto
- 4 slice(s) slices of provolone
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1. In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk together, add meat broth and set aside.
- 2. Place the bread crumbs, pepper and parsley in a separate bowl. Mix and combine.
- 3. Flatten the veal thin between two sheets of wax paper.
- 4. Dredge the veal in eggs and then the bread crumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5. Fry the veal in 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil until lightly browned, drain on a paper towel.
- 6. In a separate large frying pan sauté the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper
- 7. Place the veal in a large casserole dish and top with the peppers and onion mixture.
- 8. Top each cutlet with a slice of prosciutto and then the provolone.
- 9. Bake in the oven at 220˚C for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- 10. Garnish with parsley.