Chicken Broccoli Casserole with French Fried Onions
Healthy brown rice and broccoli, a creamy sauce and savory chicken, topped with crispy French fried onions. A delicious chicken & broccoli one dish casserole!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions (french), broccoli, brown rice, cream of chicken soup, milk, olive oil, salt, pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 lb. chicken, boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 - 3 pieces)
- 1 cup(s) French fried onions
- 1 whole head of broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup(s) uncooked brown rice, cooked according to the package
- 1 can(s) undefinedoz. condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup(s) milk (approximately 3/4 of the soup can)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for the cooked broccoli)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 7" x 11" baking dish.
- 2. Cook the brown rice as directed on package. We used minute brown rice.
- 3. Cook and drain the broccoli, then sprinkle the salt evenly over.
- 4. Cut the chicken into pieces. In a sauce pan over medium heat, brown and cook the chicken in the olive oil. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 5. In the same sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and bubbly.
- 6. Layering: Spread the brown rice evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer the broccoli, then the chicken pieces. Pour the cream of chicken soup mixture evenly over everything.
- 7. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
- 8. Sprinkle the French fried onions evenly on top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (40 - 45 minutes total), or until the French fried onions are golden brown and crispy.