Chicken in a Salad with Grilled Peppers
This is a wonderful light lunch or dinner.Enjoy with Love,Catherine
This recipe contains mixed greens, onions, bell peppers, bacon, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, olive oil
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 12 oz. favorite salad greens
- 1 whole red onion sliced
- 2 whole bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon sliced (reserve a few tablespoons of the bacon fat for drizzling)
- 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 2 ds. salt
- 2 ds. black pepper
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1. Heat a griddle and place the sliced peppers and onions on the heated griddle.
- 2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3. Place the bacon in a heated pan and cook until crispy.
- 4. Slice the chicken.
- 5. Place the salad greens on a plate and top with the grilled peppers and onions.
- 6. Top with the sliced chicken and bacon.
- 7. Drizzle a little of the bacon fat over the salad, and top with the crispy bacon and grated cheese.