Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
This soup has a variety of flavorful and aromatic spices. It is a vegan soup bursting with flavor! Serve it with our Coconut Rose Jasmine Rice for truly unique meal.
This recipe contains water, fresh cilantro, red lentils, vegetable bouillon, white onions, garlic, ginger, serrano pepper, crushed tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sea salt, grapeseed oil
8 - 12 Servings servings
- 12 Cups Filtered Water
- 2 Bunches organic Cilantro Steams (optional)
- 3 Cups organic Red Lentils
- 2 Vegetable Bullion Cubes
- 1/2 organic White Onion
- 2 3 organic Garlic Cloves
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh organic Ginger
- 2 4 Serrano Chilis
- 1 Cup organic Crushed Tomatoes (we like Eden in the Glass Jar)
- 3 Tablespoons Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Seeds or 1 Teaspoon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/4 Cup Expeller Pressed Grapeseed Oil
- 1. Put Cilantro Stems in Water and bring to a boil then remove Stems (This step is optional)
- 2. Rinse the Lentils and add to Stem Broth
- 3. Bring Lentils to a boil then turn heat down to medium
- 4. Add a bit of Lentil water to the Bullion cubes, mash well then add to Lentils
- 5. In a sauté pan add Grapeseed Oil, Coriander Seeds (you can put the seeds in a coffee grinder if you prefer) Cumin Seeds, Turmeric, Garam Masala.
- 6. Sauté on medium heat until fragrant approximately about 5 minutes.
- 7. Mince Serranos, grate Ginger, mince Onions, mince Garlic and add to pan then sauté until Onions are soft.
- 8. Add Tomato Sauce and cook on medium low for about 10 minutes then add to cooked Lentils and cook for 20 more minutes on low heat.
- 9. If you like a smooth texture to your soup you can put all of it in a food processor (blender or hand blender) to puree` or only use half for a slightly textured soup or leave it if you like it that way.