”Ek Lardki” Masala Squash aur Phool Gobi ka Curry
A tasty single serving curry, full of autumn's bounteous vegetables.
This recipe contains winter squash, cauliflower, ketchup, water, ginger, garlic, onion powder, coriander, turmeric,garam powder, sriracha or cayenne pepper, tofu, fresh spinach
1 serving servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 oz cubed winter squash
- 3.5 oz rough chopped cauliflower
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup water, plus additional (you'll end up adding about 1/2 cup more)
- 1/2 heaping tsp each: ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp each: turmeric powder, garam masala
- a squirt of sriracha or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 block well pressed lite firm tofu
- 85g spinach (about two large handfuls), chopped (unless using baby spinach you could leave that whole)
- 1. Add to a medium sized skillet (preferably cast iron) your cubed squash and chopped cauliflower.
- 2. In a measuring cup, whisk together the ketchup, 1/4 cup water, the spices and sriracha.
- 3. Add about 1/2 cup more water to this and add to your vegetables in the skillet.
- 4. Bring the skillet to a boil over medium heat. Once a boil has been reached, reduce to a simmer, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally, until your vegetables are fully tender.
- 5. Once cooked, add in the cubed tofu and chopped spinach, mix, and cook over the low heat until the spinach has wilted.
- 6. Remove from heat and enjoy with rice, flatbread, or as is.