"Impossible" Coconut Pie
Delicious and yet so easy. It's impossible to go wrong with this tropical sweet pie dessert
This recipe contains eggs, sugar, butter, desiccated coconut, lemons, oranges, lemon juice, orange juice, milk (coconut), flour
serves 10 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
- 3 Eggs
- 130g Sugar
- 75g Butter, softened
- 60g Desiccated coconut
- 11/2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp Orange zest
- 60ml Lemon juice (or add to taste)
- 125m Orange juice
- 200ml Thick coconut milk
- 70g Plain flour, sifted
- 1. Preheat oven to 340F/ 170C.
- 2. Place the eggs, sugar, butter, desiccated coconut, lemon and orange zest and juice, coconut milk and flour in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- 3. Pour into a buttered 22cm (9 inch) pie tray.
- 4. Place pie tray at the lower rack of the oven and bake for 60 - 80 minutes.
- 5. Loosely cover with aluminium foil when you find the pie turning brown during half way of baking.
- 6. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- 7. Slice and serve with a little whipped cream and passion fruit or blueberry jam and sprinkle some toasted desiccated coconut over it.