"Toasted" Agnolotti (or Ravioli)
My fuss free and healthier approach of emulating the famed St Louis delicacy, deep fried ravioli.
This recipe contains ravioli, eggs, bread crumbs
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/3 g. packet of 375g (13 oz) pre-made fresh agnolotti/ravioli
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) for a fan-forced oven or 200 degrees Celsius (392 F) for a convection oven.
- 2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3. Spray a thin layer of olive oil (any oil of your choice will do) on the baking paper.
- 4. Set aside.
- 5. Crack and beat an egg on a plate.
- 6. On a separate plate add breadcrumbs.
- 7. Dip agnolotti in the beaten egg first.
- 8. Then coat it with breadcrumbs. Repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining agnolotti until egg and breadcrumbs are finished.
- 9. Place the crumbed agnolotti onto a baking tray.
- 10. Once you’ve completed step 5 and 6, spray another thin layer of oil over the crumbed aganolotti.
- 11. Bake the crumbed agnolotti for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12. Serve immediately with pasta sauce or ketchup.