A Stalk of Abalone Flower On Mother’s Day!
I was in one of my wacky moods again & thought of playing with my food. I’m really happy with the outcome. Something very simple but better than buying her a gift. Most importantly, the smile on her face brought me joy. What do you think of my stalk of Abalone Flower?
This recipe contains abalone, fresh spinach, wolfberries, oyster sauce, chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, olive oil, cornstarch, salt
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 1 can of Abalone
- 1 pkt Spinach
- 1 tsp Wolfberries
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Wash vegetables thoroughly. Pick out few stalks of spinach & set aside for presentation. Cut up the rest.
- 2. Boil unopened can of Abalone for 30 min – 2hrs in hot water. 30 min is sufficient but if you want the Abalone stock to be really rich & fragrant, leave it to boil for 2hrs if you've time.
- 3. Cool before opening the can.
- 4. Cut abalone into slices.
- 5. Heat abalone stock. Rinse wolfberries & add into stock. Cook till soft.
- 6. Drain & set aside.
- 7. Throw in stalks of spinach for presentation use. Cook for couple of mins. Drain & set aside.
- 8. Add in the rest of the vegetables & mix well. Cover & simmer.
- 9. Spinach is ready when steam emits from the lid.
- 10. Drain & put on serving plate.
- 11. Top with abalone slices, leaving some to make the flower.
- 12. On another plate, start decorating your stalk of flower.
- 13. Heat stock & add cornstarch when boiling. Drizzle the sauce onto the 2 plates of abalone & kill two birds with one stone!