African Peanut Stew
This is one of my new favorite foods! It is so delicious that I could eat this on a regular basis. It has some of my favorite ingredients: sweet potato, eggplant, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, sriracha, and onion. Put them all together, and whala; a great dish is born. It is satisfying, comforting, and a great all around meal.
This recipe contains onions, olive oil, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, vegetable broth, tomato paste, peanut butter, potatoes, salt, pepper, chiles (serrano), sriracha sauce, eggplant, squash (yellow)
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup(s) onion (2 cups), chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 5 cup(s) low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 can(s) oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup(s) peanut butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (4 cups jewel yam), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. serrano (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 cup(s) medium eggplant (6 cups), chopped
- 1 small yellow squash or zucchini (1 1/2 cup), chopped
- 1. Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add minced garlic, ginger, cumin, and coriander and cook for about 1 minute longer, until fragrant.
- 3. Add vegetable broth, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sriracha, serrano, peanut butter and sweet potatoes.
- 4. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until sweet potato starts to soften, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5. Add chopped eggplant and squash.
- 6. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.