African Peanut Stew
This is one of my new favorite foods! It is so delicious that I could eat this on a regular basis. It has some of my favorite ingredients: sweet potato, eggplant, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, sriracha, and onion. Put them all together, and whala; a great dish is born. It is satisfying, comforting, and a great all around meal.
This recipe contains onions, olive oil, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, vegetable broth, tomato paste, peanut butter, potatoes, salt, black pepper, chiles (serrano), sriracha sauce, eggplant, squash (yellow)
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup(s) onion (2 cups), chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 5 cup(s) low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 can(s) oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup(s) peanut butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (4 cups jewel yam), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. serrano (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 cup(s) medium eggplant (6 cups), chopped
- 1 small yellow squash or zucchini (1 1/2 cup), chopped
- 1. Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add minced garlic, ginger, cumin, and coriander and cook for about 1 minute longer, until fragrant.
- 3. Add vegetable broth, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sriracha, serrano, peanut butter and sweet potatoes.
- 4. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until sweet potato starts to soften, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5. Add chopped eggplant and squash.
- 6. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.