Indian spiced eggplant cooked with fire-roasted tomatoes and sweet potato puree. Served over a bed of rice with lemon pepper drumsticks!
This recipe contains eggplant, garlic, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, crushed red pepper, cumin, coconut oil, tomatoes (diced, fire roasted), potato (sweet) (puree), garam masala, lemon juice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 small-to-medium eggplants
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup(s) fire roasted diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet potato puree (canned or homemade)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1. Slice the eggplant into 1/2" thick rounds and then chop each round into quarters (you should be left with triangular-shaped pieces of eggplant).
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cumin and red pepper flakes with two tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- 4. Add the eggplant and fry for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- 5. Add in the spice paste to the eggplant and cook for another few minutes, stirring often.
- 6. Stir in the tomatoes and sweet potato puree.
- 7. Cook for another few minutes, stirring often to ensure that everything is well-mixed.
- 8. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the garam masala and lemon juice.
- 9. Serve immediately over a bed of rice (or cauliflower "rice" if going Paleo).