Amrakhand - Mango Based Dessert
Mango season in boom so here is simple mango delicacy, Amrakhand. Serve is with hot puris, chapatis or just as a dessert.
This recipe contains hung curd, mango, cardamom powder, sugar, salt, , nuts, mango
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 cups Hung curd
- 2 cups mango pulp
- 3/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- For Garnishing
- 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup of mango cubes (optional)
- 1. In a blender add mango cubes and sugar; blend it to obtain mango pulp.
- 2. Now place a strainer over a bowl, put the hung curd and mango pulp into strainer.
- 3. Thoroughly mix them with a spoon (Strainer is used to ensure smooth and lump free mixture).
- 4. Add cardamom powder and salt.
- 5. The quantity of the sugar can be changed according to the taste requirement.
- 6. Refrigerate the amrakhand for two hours before serving.
- 7. While serving garnish it with nuts and mango cubes.
- 8. It can be served as a dessert or it even tastes great with hot puris.
- 9. Note - Hung Curd – Curd got after removing excess water by hanging it overnight in muslin cloth.