An elegant pork roast with sage
Simple, yet elegant way to prepare pork sirloin.
This recipe contains pork sirloin, bacon, cheese (emmentaler), sage (fresh), black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 g. pork sirloin, 800-1000g
- 12 - 15 slice(s) very thin slices of bacon (or pancetta)
- 8 - 10 slice(s) thin slices emmental cheese
- Fresh sage leaves
- 1. Remove visible fat from the meat.
- 2. Arrange bacon slices crosswise in the baking pan to cover the sirloin length.
- 3. Place cheese slices over bacon, sprinkle with pepper and sage leaves.
- 4. Carefully wrap the sirloin with bacon and cheese.
- 5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 6. Reduce the temperature to 150°C and bake further 50-60 minutes.
- 7. When done, take it out and let stand for 10 minutes (so you can cut it more easily and evenly).
- 8. Serve with baked potatoes and red cabbage salad.