Anytime Sugar Cookies
Get the whole family baking this Easter with the Anytime Sugar Cookies. Grandparents, kids and everyone in-between can help the little ones bake and decorate these cookies, and everyone will enjoy eating the delicious creations.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, margarine, sugar, sugar (powdered, confectioners), eggs, vanilla extract
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) Becel Buttery Taste margarine
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) confectioners/icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl
- 3. Set aside.
- 4. Beat margarine, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and confectioners' sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 5. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- 6. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- 7. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, then roll in remaining 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar; arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- 8. Flatten each with the bottom of a glass.
- 9. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.
- 10. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack
- 11. Remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- 12. Nutrition information and more baking ideas are available at becel.ca.