Apple & Cranberry Porridge
Start your day with a bowl of this mouth-watering Apple & Cranberry Porridge! It’s quick, filling and more importantly it’s healthy!
This recipe contains rolled oats, apples, water, coconut oil, cranberries (dried), coconut flakes, unsalted butter, lemon juice, honey, figs (dried)
1 portion servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 120 g (1 Cup) Rolled Oats
- 1 Apple
- 60 ml (1/3 Cup) Water
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- A squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (optional)
- Dried Dates & Figs (optional)
- 1. Melt the butter in a pan, throw in the oats and roast for a minute or so.
- 2. Meanwhile wash, peel & slice the apple.
- 3. Add to the oats.
- 4. Add water and simmer for a few minutes.
- 5. Now add coconut oil, desiccated coconut, dried cranberries and honey (optional).
- 6. Mix together. Squeeze lemon juice over and taste.
- 7. Add more honey or lemon juice, if needed.
- 8. It takes about 5 minutes to cook the oats and apple.
- 9. If you prefer soft apple and oats, cook it longer.
- 10. Serve for breakfast!
- 11. Enjoy!