Apple and Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
A sweet and savory stuffed acorn squash that is stuffed with apples, onions and cinnamon.
This recipe contains squash (acorn), butter, rice, apples, onions, cinnamon, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1 cup(s) Apple, cored, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400
- 2. Place squash face up on a baking sheet lined with parchment or non-stick aluminum foil. Add 1/2 Tbsp. Butter and a dash of salt & Pepper into the squash.
- 3. Place in oven for 35-45 minutes until fork tender.
- 4. In a small skillet add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, onions, apples and cinnamon. Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5. In a bowl, add rice and apple mixture, stir till combined. Sprinkle with additional salt & pepper tot taste. Add rice mixture to squash and serve.
- 6. Note: You can cook the acorn squash in the microwave if your in more of a rush. Cut in half, take the seeds out and place face side up in a microwavable dish, add butter, salt & pepper to squash, add about 1/4 cup of water into the bowl. Cover and microwave for about 7 minutes, until fork tender.
- 7. Calories per squash: 246, Fat: 2.4, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 29, Potassium: 860, Carbs: 56, Fiber: 7.5, Sugar 7.1, Protein: 4.6