Apple and Sauerkraut Sausage
This recipe makes wonderful comfort food for cold weather.View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/apple-and-sauerkraut-sausage/
This recipe contains sausage (polska kielbasa), sauerkraut, apples, water, brown sugar, caraway seeds
4 servings servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage
- 1 (32-ounce) can sauerkraut
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the sausage over low heat.
- 2. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients, and mix until the brown sugar dissolves.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the apples are tender.