Apple and Sauerkraut Sausage
This recipe makes wonderful comfort food for cold weather.View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/apple-and-sauerkraut-sausage/
This recipe contains sausage (polska kielbasa), sauerkraut, apples, water, sugar (brown), caraway seeds
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage
- 1 can(s) oz. can sauerkraut
- 2 cup(s) chopped apples
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the sausage over low heat.
- 2. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients, and mix until the brown sugar dissolves.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the apples are tender.