Apple candy without corn syrup!!
This recipe contains sugar, water, lemon juice, food color (red), apples,
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. red food coloring
- 6 crisp, tart apples
- 6 dessert forks
- 1. Wash and dry apples.
- 2. Remove stems.
- 3. Push the forks 1/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple.
- 4. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 5. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water.
- 6. Bring to a boil.
- 7. Add lemon juice and food coloring.
- 8. Heat to 280 degrees F, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into the cold water forms hard ball.
- 9. Remove the candy from the heat.
- 10. Quickly deep each apple in it and swirl it around until it is evenly coated.
- 11. Place candy apples on prepared sheets to harden
- 12. Bon Apple ! :) ))