Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers With Chipotle Yogurt Sauce
These burgers are a healthier alternative to ground beef. Since white meat turkey tends to easily dry out, we've added shredded apple and finely diced onion to add moisture and flavor, and a nice sharp cheddar to boost the taste even more! Serve on a bed of lightly dressed greens or spinach.
This recipe contains , turkey ground, cheddar cheese, apples, onions, bread crumbs, salt, , yogurt, hot sauce, onions (green/spring), black pepper
4-6 burgers servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Burger ingredients:
- 1 pound ground turkey (give or take a few ounces depending on package weight)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 apple, cored and seeded, then grated (peel on)
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce or salsa)
- Garnish with diced green onions
- pepper to taste
- 1. Mix burger ingredients in a bowl and shape into 4-6 patties.
- 2. Grill (or pan fry) for 2 minutes each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. Serve with a dollop of chipotle yogurt sauce.