Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This apple cinnamon oatmeal is so decadent and delicious. The apple topping tastes just like apple pie!
This recipe contains oats, milk, milk (almond), apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, almond extract, salt, walnuts (chopped), almonds
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 3/4 cup(s) oats
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) almond milk
- 1/2 apple
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- Chopped walnuts or almonds for topping (optional)
- or almonds for topping (optional)
- 1. Cut up half an apple into small cubes, about 1/2 inch. Place them in a small skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook until apples are soft.
- 2. In a small saucepan pour 1/2 milk, 1/4 cup almond milk, oats, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat and cook until oats are soft. Add your last 1/4 cup of milk in the last few minutes of cooking.
- 3. Scoop oats into a bowl, add apples on top and garnish with chopped walnuts or almonds if desired.