Breakfast egg quinoa with berries
This breakfast idea is really a fruity quinoa omelette in a ramekin. It is very easy to make and if you cook the quinoa ahead of time (you can keep cooked quinoa in the fridge for up to 5 days) it takes minutes to put together. It is packed with protein and fibre, perfect to kick start your day. Enjoy!
This recipe contains eggs, fruit, quinoa, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon
6 ramekins servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 6 eggs
- 250 g fresh seasonal fruit
- 6 heaped tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup single cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cinnamon for sprinkling, maple or agave syrup for drizzling (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5.
- 2. Beat the eggs, sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the quinoa and stir well.
- 4. Fold in the fruit. Spoon the mixture into 6 or 7 ramekins.
- 5. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- 6. Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with maple or agave syrup for extra sweetness if you like, and serve.