Brewing with a French Press
Learn how to ditch the drip and make the perfect cup of French Press coffee! You'll love how the full flavor of the coffee really comes out. Follow these step by step instructions to brew the perfect cup!
This recipe contains , , , , , , coffee
4 cups servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- freshly roasted whole coffee beans
- 1. Heat the water to just under a boil – about 200-205 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, bring the water to a rolling boil and then remove it from the heat for about 30 seconds.
- 2. While the water is heating, grind 38 grams (about 6 tablespoons) of coffee to a coarse grind.
- 3. Pour the grounds into the French Press. Set the press on the scale and tare to zero.
- 4. Pour a small amount of water over the grounds. Make sure all of the grounds get wet.
- 5. Set the timer for 4 minutes and start it. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to “bloom”.
- 6. Once the grounds bloom, pour until the scale reads 500g of water (about 85% full). As you pour, move the water in a circular motion to ensure that the grounds are evenly saturated.
- 7. When the timer is done, take a spoon and stir the grounds that have risen at the top of the press so they start to sink down.
- 8. Insert the plunger and press down slowly and carefully.
- 9. Pour and enjoy!