Brie en Croute
Brie baked in puffed pastry…basically, a buttery cheese wrapped in a buttery crust. How can that not be delicious? In this version, I wanted to bring in the flavors of cherry and almonds. Creamy brie cheese is covered in cherry preserves, toasted almonds, and brown sugar, and then baked in a buttery, flaky crust, a bit of sweet, nutty goodness just waiting to be unwrapped.
This recipe contains cheese (brie), puff pastry, preserves (cherry), almond extract, sugar (brown), almonds, eggs, water
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1/2 pound wedge of brie
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced and almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the preserves and almond extract.
- 3. Place brie wedge in puff pastry and drizzle the preserve and almond extract mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle brown sugar and almonds on top and wrap in the puff pastry.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water and brush the egg mixture onto the pastry.
- 6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
- 7. Serve with fruit slices, crackers, baguette, or whatever floats your boat.