Broccoli Overload Soup
A quick and easy soup with minimal ingredients ... made in minutes!
You can make this with several types of broth and cheese flavours. For added depth, saute the onions in white wine.
This recipe contains broccoli, onions, chicken broth, milk, cheese (shredded)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 12 cup(s) broccoli
- 2 onions
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 - 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 cup(s) shredded cheese (if you want a cheesy soup)
- 1. Get out your favourite soup pot.
- 2. Wash and break broccoli into florets.
- 3. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to pot and heat.
- 4. Dice and saute onions in oil with your choice of seasoning (salt, pepper and smoked paprika)
- 5. Add the broth.
- 6. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer till broccoli is fork tender.
- 7. Remove from heat and use immersion blender to puree.
- 8. Bring the soup back to a boil.
- 9. If you want a creamy soup, and the milk or cream and heat through.
- 10. If you want a cheese soup, add the cheese and heat through.
- 11. Ladle into bowls, add some croutons ... and ENJOY!!