Broccoli with cheese soup
Healthy, cheesy broccoli soup that even children love!
This recipe contains broccoli, flour, milk, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cheese (feta), cheese (swiss, shredded)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 400 g broccoli florets
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50 g Swiss chesee, coarsely grated
- 1. Add onions and carrots to the melted butter and saute for 5-6 minutes over medium heat, or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add 1 cup chicken broth and bring to the boil.
- 3. Add broccoli and cook, covered, 5 to 6 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Using a spoon, break broccoli florets in small pieces.
- 4. Reduce heat to low and add remaining cup of chicken broth.
- 5. Mix flour and milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add mixture to the pot.
- 6. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking for about 5-6 minutes over low heat until soup thickens.
- 7. Add cheese, handfuls at a time, and stir constantly over low heat for 10 minutes until smooth and creamy. If soup becomes too thick, add additional chicken stock. Do not let soup boil.