Broiled Tofu Over Cilantro Pesto
This Pan-Asian Tofu gets brilliant color and lively flavor from an easy Cilantro Pesto!!
This recipe contains olive oil, tofu, fresh cilantro, pine nuts, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar substitute, salt, cayenne pepper,
Serves 12 (Side Dishes) servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 2 (14-to 16-oz) packages firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fructose sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: pine nuts; fresh cilantro leaves; lime wedge
- 1. Preheat broiler and lightly oil a shallow flameproof baking pan with olive oil.
- 2. Cut each block of tofu crosswise into 6 slices and pat dry between several layers of paper towels.
- 3. Arrange in 1 layer in baking pan and brush tops of slices with more olive oil.
- 4. Broil 4 to inches from heat, without turning, until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 5. While tofu is broiling, Puree cilantro, pine nuts, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor until bright green and smooth, about 1 minute.
- 6. Transfer tofu with a slotted spatula to a platter and serve with cilantro pesto. Note:Pesto can be made 3 days ahead and chilled in an airtight container.