Brown butter blondies with coconut
Chewy brown butter blondies with toasted coconut. Perfect dessert for get-together or just to make someone's day.
This recipe contains coconut flakes, butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, flour (all-purpose), chocolate
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, unsalted
- 14 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Line a 8″ square tin with a parchment paper.
- 3. Take a skillet and place the coconut and toast till it gets golden brown. Take it aside and place it on a plate to cool.
- 4. Now take butter in a pan and melt. Keep cooking till all the foam dies and you see it turning into dark brown color and small fragments start appearing. Take it aside and let it cool for a minute or two.
- 5. In a bowl, mix the brown butter with sugar and mix until smooth.
- 6. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- 7. Now add Salt and flour and mix it till smooth.
- 8. Throw in the toasted coconut and chocolate chips and mix gently to combine all together.
- 9. Pour in the lined tin and make sure it covers all corners by pressing with hands if required.
- 10. Place it in preheated oven and let it cook for 20-25 mins.
- 11. Let it cool down and then transfer to a rack for further cooling. Cut into desired size pieces and devour. Store them in an airtight container.