Brown Rice Mushroom Pilaf
This is one of my favorite dishes. I love everything about it, texture, flavors, you name it. It is so simple and yet so tasty. I usually eat this with a big bunch of chopped parsley on top because I’m such a parsley lover and this combination seems perfect to me.
This recipe contains onions, rice (brown), mushrooms, oil (sunflower), water, sea salt, black pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) brown rice
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms (I used small-size champignons; don't use canned mushrooms because they're absolutely tasteless.)
- 1 tbsp. unrefined sunflower oil
- 2 cup(s) water
- sea salt,
- 1/3 tsp. ground pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté chopped onion and sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add brown rice and stir to coat in oil.
- 3. Add water.
- 4. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let it rest until all liquid is absorbed.