Brown sugar & Spice Sugar cookie frogs
Brown Sugar & Spice Sugar Cookies in the shape of frogs
This recipe contains all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, fresh nutmeg, allspice, sugar, light brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract,
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 3 c unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and spices, set aside.
- 3. Cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts and mix until well-blended.
- 4. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom. (The dough will be quite thick...you may need to knead in stray bits of flour from the bottom of the bowl by hand.)
- 5. Roll on a floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cutter.
- 6. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.