Bruschetta Stuffed Portobellos
Meaty Portobellos Stuffed with Chicken Bratwursts, Tomato, Basil, Orzo and Cheese
This recipe contains mushroom (portabella), olive oil, yellow onions, fresh garlic, chili powder, black pepper, chicken bratwursts, orzo, chicken broth, tomatoes, basil, lemons, cheese (mozzarella), cheese (parmesan), bread crumbs (panko)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 large portobellos
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 chicken bratwursts
- 1/2 cup(s) orzo
- 1 1/2 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, chopped
- 1/4 whole lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) mozzarella
- 1/8 cup(s) Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) panko
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil, onion,garlic, chili powder and pepper. Cook until onion is caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add bratwursts and break them up as they cook with a wooden spoon. Cook until done, about 5-7 minutes.
- 4. Remove chicken mixture and put in a separate bowl.
- 5. Add orzo to pan. Stir until orzo begin to slightly golden brown.
- 6. Add chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed and orzo is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove from heat and add chicken mixture, tomatoes, basil and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- 8. Add cheese and stir until evenly combined.
- 9. Place portobellos on baking sheet.Add ½ of mixture to each portobello. Don't be afraid to pile the filling high. Sprinkle panko evenly over the top of each mushroom.
- 10. Place in oven and bake until panko is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!