Bucatini with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
Pasta, pasta… we all love pasta.After a wonderful weekend, we say “good bye” to the old week and “hello” to a new week with a new recipe adapted from Food & Wine magazine. Easy to made, delicious to the bite.Wishing you all a wonderful new week.Giangi
This recipe contains pasta (bucatini), olive oil, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, salt, onions, garlic, anchovies, rosemary (fresh), thyme (fresh), bread crumbs, cheese (parmesan), bell peppers (red), black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 3/4 lb. bucatini or periatelli pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. cauliflower florets cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 onions finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 plump oil packed anchovies, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- black pepper
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta according to the packaging information. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large deep skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the oil. Add the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Cover and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until charred and crispy tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add 1/4 cup of oil to the skillet and add the onion, garlic, anchovies, crushed red peppers (optional), rosemary, thyme. Cook stirring until the onion is slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Cover and cook over low heat until the cauliflower and sprouts are tender, about 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- 6. In a small skillet add the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil and add the bread crumbs. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes, season with salt and transfer to a bowl.
- 7. Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the vegetables and cook over moderate heat, tossing until the water is nearly absorbed.
- 8. Remove from the heat and stir the 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Serve the pasta in large bowls, passing the bread crumbs and the cheese alongside.