Bulgogi Kimchi Fries
A unique, healthier alternative to loaded cheese fries. Baked fries are topped with bulgogi, kimchi, and a special Sriracha sauce. Recipes for bulgogi and kimchi are included!
This recipe contains , cabbage, salt, onions, chili powder, fish sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, , beef, tamari, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, black pepper, onions, , sour cream, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, , potatoes, olive oil, salt,
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 30 min
- FOR THE QUICK KIMCHI:
- 1 whole large head of Napa or green cabbage, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) kosher salt
- 4 whole green onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 - 4 tbsp. Tb Korean chili powder
- 1/3 cup(s) good quality fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh garlic
- FOR THE BULGOGI:
- 5 1/2 lb. beef, chicken, or pork, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, thinly sliced
- FOR THE SRIRACHA "SPECIAL"SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
- FOR THE FRIES:
- 3 whole large russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 - 3 tbsp. olive oil
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: chopped cilantro, chopped onions, extra Sriracha, and shredded cheese
- 1. FOR THE KIMCHI:
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together chopped cabbage and salt. Cover and set aside for at least 6 hours.
- 3. After 6 hours, place cabbage in a colander and rinse all the salt off with cold water. Squeeze as much water as possible from the cabbage and place in a large bowl.
- 4. Sprinkle over the cabbage, the sliced green onions, chili powder, fish sauce, ginger, and garlic. Mix all together, cover and place in a dark area for at least 4 days.
- 5. FOR THE BULGOGI:
- 6. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 7. Grill or fry bulgogi over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked. Set aside to cool slightly. Once cooled, chop bulgogi meat into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- 8. FOR THE SRIRACHA "SPECIAL"SAUCE:
- 9. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended. Cover and set aside.
- 10. FOR THE FRIES:
- 11. Preheat oven to 450. Cut each potato into slices lengthwise and then cut each slice into sticks.
- 12. Place in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil so each stick is coated. Place potato sticks onto large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 13. Flip over and bake for additional 10-15 minutes, or until fries are browned and crispy.
- 14. TO ASSEMBLE:
- 15. Place fries on plate, top with chopped bulgogi, kimchi, Sriracha special sauce, and any of the optional toppings, as desired.