Bundt cake with apples
Simple-to-whip-up apple cake ideal for a tea time treat.
This recipe contains apples, lemons, water, butter, sugar, lemons, eggs, flour, baking powder, yeast (instant), salt, milk, cinnamon, raisins, vanilla extract, butter, sugar (brown)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup(s) water
- 125 g. butter, at room temperature
- 150 g. sugar
- Lemon peel, grated
- 2 eggs, yolks separated from whites
- 350 g. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 50 g. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1. Cover apple halves with lemon juice and water, set aside.
- 2. with a hand mixer beat the butter, sugar and egg yolks for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- 3. Mix flour with baking powder, yeast, salt and lemon zest.
- 4. Add flour and milk alternately to the butter and yolks mixture, mix well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in half the amount of cinnamon.
- 6. Beat the egg whites into firm peaks and carefully incorporate, using spatula, into the cake batter.
- 7. Add raisins and vanilla extract, stir lightly. Pour the mixture into the buttered and floured bundt cake mold.
- 8. Now cut each half of an apple into thin slices. Press the slices vertically, half - way, into the cake batter.
- 9. Brush the slices with the melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- 10. Bake the cake in an oven for 60 minutes at 170˚C.
- 11. When done, leave the cake to cool in the mold, and then take it out onto a serving plate.