Bundt cake with apples
Simple-to-whip-up apple cake ideal for a tea time treat.
This recipe contains apples, lemons, water, butter, sugar, lemons, eggs, flour, baking powder, yeast (instant), salt, milk, cinnamon, raisins, vanilla extract, butter, brown sugar
16 servings servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 150 g sugar
- Lemon peel, grated
- 2 eggs, yolks separated from whites
- 350 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1. Cover apple halves with lemon juice and water, set aside.
- 2. with a hand mixer beat the butter, sugar and egg yolks for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- 3. Mix flour with baking powder, yeast, salt and lemon zest.
- 4. Add flour and milk alternately to the butter and yolks mixture, mix well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in half the amount of cinnamon.
- 6. Beat the egg whites into firm peaks and carefully incorporate, using spatula, into the cake batter.
- 7. Add raisins and vanilla extract, stir lightly. Pour the mixture into the buttered and floured bundt cake mold.
- 8. Now cut each half of an apple into thin slices. Press the slices vertically, half - way, into the cake batter.
- 9. Brush the slices with the melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- 10. Bake the cake in an oven for 60 minutes at 170˚C.
- 11. When done, leave the cake to cool in the mold, and then take it out onto a serving plate.