Buttermilk Skillet Fried Chicken
Delicious buttermilk fried chicken.
This recipe contains chicken thighs (bone-in) (skin-on), paprika, eggs, milk (buttermilk), flour, cornstarch, oil (vegetable), black pepper, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 - 4 lb. chicken: drumsticks, thighs or breast
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1. Clean all the chicken pieces well, remove skin if desired. Using 1 tablespoon salt and ½ tablespoon pepper, season the chicken well all over.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk the buttermilk, egg and ½ cup of water.
- 3. In a large glass baking pan mix together: flour,1 tablespoon salt, ½ tablespoon pepper, paprika and cornstarch. Mix well.
- 4. Dip chicken in buttermilk then on flour mixture. shaking off any excess flour.
- 5. In a large heavy bottom skillet heat the oil to a depth of ¾”. When oil is hot but not burning add the chicken to the skillet making sure that it is not crowding the pan. Fry chicken turning with thongs so it brown evenly. About 10 to 13 minutes.
- 6. When the chicken is done place on a paper plate and serve immediately.