Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili with Bulgar
This chili is vegetarian but very filling and satisfying because of the addition of bulgar wheat. Don't forget to add your favorite toppings!
This recipe contains olive oil, onions (red), garlic, chili powder, cumin (ground), coriander, oregano (dried), black beans, peppers (chipotle), butternut squash, tomatoes (diced, fire roasted), vegetable stock, bulgur, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 tbsp. TB Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. TB Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. dried Mexican Oregano
- 2 cup(s) Black Beans, cooked
- 2 tbsp. TB Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce, chopped
- 1 Medium size Butternut Squash, Peeled, seeds removed & medium diced
- 14 oz. can Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 cup(s) Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup(s) Bulgur
- 1. -In a large pot, heat the olive oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander & oregano. Sweat until the onions begin the turn translucent.
- 2. -Add the black beans, chipotle chiles, butternut squash, tomato and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the bulgar. Allow the chili to cook about 30-40 minutes until the squash is tender and the bulgar to soft. Garnish with your favorite toppings.