Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili with Bulgar
This chili is vegetarian but very filling and satisfying because of the addition of bulgar wheat. Don't forget to add your favorite toppings!
This recipe contains olive oil, red onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander, oregano (dried), black beans, chipotle chiles, butternut squash, tomatoes (diced) (fire roasted), vegetable stock, bulgur, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TB Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp dried Mexican Oregano
- 2 Cups Black Beans, cooked
- 2 TB Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce, chopped
- 1 Medium size Butternut Squash, Peeled, seeds removed & medium diced
- 14 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Bulgur
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. -In a large pot, heat the olive oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander & oregano. Sweat until the onions begin the turn translucent.
- 2. -Add the black beans, chipotle chiles, butternut squash, tomato and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the bulgar. Allow the chili to cook about 30-40 minutes until the squash is tender and the bulgar to soft. Garnish with your favorite toppings.