Butternut Squash Soup with Fresh Goat Cheese
Just in time for fall – a creamy soup that perfectly combines butternut squash with fresh goat cheese for a deliciously warming meal. The vibrant color adds a beautiful hue to any table!
This recipe contains cheese (goat), butternut squash, water, milk
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 5 3/10 oz. goat cheese
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 qt. water
- 1/2 qt. milk
- 1. Peel and remove seeds from the squash cut in large 2 inch pieces.
- 2. Place squash in heavy gauge sauce pot and cover with the milk and water.
- 3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes until very tender.
- 4. Add 1 package Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid and bring back to a simmer.
- 5. Remove from the heat.
- 6. Carefully remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in blender. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover the squash puree in the blender. Be very careful: you must leave the center cap of the blender off so you do not trap the steam (cover loosely with a towel).
- 7. Pour into a 1 gallon sauce pot and keep warm.
- 8. Reserve and repeat until all the squash has been pureed.
- 9. Adjust to desired consistency with the remaining cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- 10. To serve, ladle the hot soup into the individual soup bowls and top with a dollop of Chavrie® Goat Cheese Pyramid garnish with fresh herbs.