Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
This recipe is really amazing and fast to cook, considering the fact that button mushrooms contain 17 different vitamins, the benefits from this dish increase dramatically.This dish has a long history in my house, it was cooked without cheese and grapes, but I decided to add the sweet twist to it.
This recipe contains mushrooms, ground pork, white onions, salt, black pepper, lemon basil, grapes, provolone cheese
2 people servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 8 big button mushrooms
- 1/2 lbs of minced pork meat
- 1/4 of white onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 8 leaves of lemon basil
- 2 pieces of provolone sliced cheese.
- 1. Take the button mushrooms stalks away. Clean the mushroom from the inside peel the skin (optional), wash carefully.
- 2. Chop the onion, mix with minced pork and season very well.
- 3. Take the washed button mushroom caps, put them near you, form the meatball out of the meat, put the meatball inside the button mushroom cap.
- 4. Repeat with all 8 mushroom caps, set on a baking dish and set to bake at 350F for 17 minutes.
- 5. ****Helen’s cooking tip*** Don’t forget to add water into the baking dish (1/2 cup)***
- 6. While the mushrooms are baking take the cheese slices cut them in quarters and set aside. Take the seedless grapes, cut it in slices and set aside. Wash the lemon basil leaves.
- 7. In 17 minutes take your button mushrooms out of the oven, cover with cheese and set to bake for 3 more minutes.
- 8. In 3 minutes, take the mushrooms out and decorate with sliced grapes and lemon basil.
- 9. Serve warm.