Cabbage and sausages in beer
Light, yet nourishing meal.
This recipe contains butter, onions, sugar, salt, beer, sausage (smoked), green cabbage, potatoes, pepper
2 - 3 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion (80g), sliced thinly
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- about 7 oz.beer
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausages, cut into thumb-length pieces
- 1 lb. green cabbage, halved lengthwise, cut into two-finger-width wedges
- 1/3 lb. lb.potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat, add the onion, sugar and salt and cook them, stirring frequently, until the onion is golden, about 5-8 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the beer, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 3. Add the sausages, cabbage and potatoes and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 4. Serve the sausages and veggies in big bowls with plenty of the cooking liquid, sprinkled with freshly cracked pepper.