Cake with mango mousse and white chocolate
elegant, striking and easy, with two creams, mango mousse and mascarpone mousse and I wrapped in a white robe, to be my way smooth and spotless as this wonderful cake! Other words are useless ... with one statement, creams Will feel more intense if the sponge cake Will be white! Anyway is delicious, only if you want to impress visually you CAN do exactly as I created it! Or the cocoa sponge cake goes well with the mascarpone mousse!;-)
This recipe contains , , eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, , mango, whipped cream, sugar (powdered, confectioners), gelatin (flavored), water, , mascarpone, whipped cream, chocolate (white), gelatin (flavored), water, , chocolate (white), whipped cream, gelatin (flavored), syrup, water, sugar, sugar (vanilla), , , mango, chocolate (white), chocolate (white)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
- Sponge cake dough:
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp. sugar (180 gr)
- 4 tbsp. full of flour (120 gr)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- Mango Mousse:
- 400 mango pulp (very ripe, about 4 Mangoes)
- 450 ml. whipped cream
- 5 tbsp. powdered sugar (or more to keys)
- 25 g. gelatin
- 60 ml. warm water
- Mascarpone mousse:
- 250 g. mascarpone
- 300 ml. whipped cream
- 150 g. white chocolate
- 10 g. gelatin
- 60 ml. warm water
- 150 g. white chocolate
- 100 ml. whipped cream
- 2 g. gelatin (one sheet)
- 200 water
- 200 g. sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- rum (optional) 50 ml
- For decoration:
- half of sliced mango
- White Chocolate candies
- 150 g. white chocolate for chocolate rectangles on the edges
- 1. It sounds complicated, But it is not so.
- 2. First make the syrup, to have time to cool until the sponge cake is ready.
- 3. Syrup: In a saucepan put together water and sugar and boil Them until They are Completely dissolved. Let it cool THEN add rum and vanilla.
- 4. Sponge cake:
- 5. Separate the eggs and, in a very clean and dry bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff. Add the sugar, spoon by spoon, mixing well after each addition.
- 6. When sugar has melted, add yolks, one at the time, THEN flour mixed with cocoa (previously sifted) whisking from the bottom up.
- 7. Bake the sponge cake in preheated oven at 180 º C, Covered in a pan with parchment paper. It Should Be Ready in about 20 -25 min. Do the toothpick test (but do not open the oven Before 20 min.)
- 8. When is ready, remove it from the pan and leave it on a rack to cool.
- 9. Mango Mousse:
- 10. Soak the gelatine in a cup of warm water (in 60 ml water)
- 11. Make the whipping cream with powdered sugar 5 tablespoons chilled THEN it until you prepare the Mangoes.
- 12. Peel Mangoes, food processor crush THEM THEN add the dissolved gelatin and stir well (if there are still visible gelatin granules, heat it only 30 seconds in the microwave).
- 13. After you mix well mango puree with gelatin, incorporated it into the whipped cream and set aside until we soak the sponge cake with the syrup. (It is better to cut the sponge cake before you mix the mango puree with the gelatin, and soak it right before you assemble the cake, after the mousse is ready)
- 14. I will tell you the exact order you SHOULD work, so do the fallowing:
- 15. Begin to assemble the cake, (put together the sponge cakes and mango mousse), after That put the cake into the fridge until you make the mascarpone mousse Which We will pour it on top of the cake.
- 16. So, in a pan with removable ring, put the first layer of the sponge cake (soaked in syrup),
- 17. THEN pour a third of the cream and level it well.
- 18. Do this with the rest of the sponge cakes and the rest of mango mousse. If the last layer of the cream is not enough, that's OK, anyway We will have on the top mascarpone mousse.
- 19. Put the cake into the fridge and start to make the mascarpone mousse:
- 20. Soak the gelatine in 60 ml of warm water.
- 21. Melt together the white chocolate with the heavy cream (do not boil!),
- 22. THEN let it cool at room temperature. When it is warm enough for your finger, add the gelatin and stir well.
- 23. Little Mix the mascarpone cheese until creamy (a few seconds) then, gradually add melted white chocolate with heavy cream. Homogenized Pour the mousse on top of the cake until the top edge of the pan.
- 24. Enter the cake in the fridge and let it harden for at Least 3 hours. (Or overnight if you have the patience).
- 25. When is cool, we CAN make the glaze:
- 26. Put a sheet of gelatin to soak for 10 minutes in a glass with warm water.
- 27. In a heavy saucepan melt chocolate with cream (do not boil) and When is cool enough (finger temperature) add gelatin and stir well. Let it cool until thicken a little bit!
- 28. Pour the glaze over the cake after you CAREFULLY removed the ring (Would be ideal if Will you put the cake on a rack to drain well the glaze) and THEN put the chocolate candies on top (When the glaze is still soft).
- 29. The mango flower I did it like this: I cleaned the mango, I cut it in half, THEN I sliced it very thin and I Interpolated the slices in a rose shape. i worked the flower on the plate, THEN I Transferred it with a knife on the cake.
- 30. Put the cake in the fridge and start to make rectangular white chocolate decorations. I mention That They are optional, Because my cake Did not come out perfectly from the removable ring, I decided to do the trick for garnish.
- 31. So I melted the chocolate on a steam bath, I Measured the height of the cake and I cut two strips of baking paper with the height of the cake.
- 32. On your counter top put the parchment paper to Where You Will Work. Spread melted white chocolate well on the surface of the strips and level it well with a spatula (it SHOULD be tick enough, about 2-3 mm) then mark rectangles Them how wide you want to be. Cut the rectangles with a knife (When chocolate is still soft) and THEN put the strips on a wooden board in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden well.
- 33. Take the cake and the decorations out of the fridge and stick the white chocolate rectangles with melted white chocolate. Leave the cake in the refrigerator until you serve Will.
- 34. I Realized That the cake tastes better if you leave the cake out of the fridge for at Least 15 minutes to warm up a little.
- 35. It is very refreshing, not too sweet, the key to create and if you find it's not sweet enough, add more powdered sugar in the mousse, not granulated!
- 36. After 2-3 days, it's Even better :-) if you survive until THEN!
- 37. Enjoy it and take my advice!