Calamari stuffed with bread crumbs, pine nuts, and capers
Ideal meal for calamari lovers.
This recipe contains squid, olive oil, onions, garlic, bread crumbs, anchovies, capers, pine nuts, parsley, eggs, salt, tomatoes, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 8 large squid, frozen, cleaned, with tentacles
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup homemade breadcrumbs
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and chpped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 500g crushed tomatoes
- 1. Defrost the squid, rinse the tubes. Finely chop the tentacles and set aside for the stuffing.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and brown the chopped tentacles.
- 3. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, anchovies, capers, pine nuts, 1/2 cup parsley and eggs.
- 6. Add the tentacle mixture. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- 7. Stuff the squid tubes with the mixture and seal each with a toothpick.
- 8. Place the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the stuffed squid and brown on all sides.
- 9. Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil. If too thick, add some water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 10. Remove the toothpicks, transfer to a serving platter and garnish with remaining parsley.