Check out this delicious easy recipe for fresh cranberries.
This recipe contains sugar, water, vanilla extract, orange extract, cranberries
4 - 8 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sugar, plus about 1 more cup to roll the cranberries in
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. orange liquor - or orange extract, coconut is also delicious
- 1 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- 1. Combine the 2 1/2 cups sugar, water, vanilla and other flavoring choices into a heavy bottom saucepan.
- 2. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, do not let the mixture boil!
- 3. Once the sugar is fully dissolved turn off the heat and remove the pan from the heat.
- 4. Wash the cranberries and pour them into a large bowl. Pour the syrup over the cranberries and place a heavy plate on the cranberries to keep them submerged.
- 5. Refrigerate for 2-12 hours, depending on how sweet your want your cranberries.
- 6. Once you have reached desired sweetness, drain the cranberries (reserving the syrup for another use) and roll the cranberries in the reserved 1 cup sugar until fully covered.
- 7. Store covered in the refrigerator until all gone!