Candied Spiced Pecans
Candied spiced pecans with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar. A great gift for the holidays
This recipe contains pecans, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, butter, maple extract, water, brown sugar
2 cups servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 300
- 2. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3. In a shallow bowl sift together granulated sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together maple extract, brown sugar and water.
- 5. Over medium heat, melt butter in a skillet. slowly whisk in brown sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Add pecans and stir to coat. Simmer for about 1-2 minutes until well coated.
- 6. With a slotted spoon, transfer pecans to the reserved sugar and spice bowl. Coat pecans with sugar.
- 7. Place pecans evenly on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir pecans and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.